On Monday 10 February 2020, Midgard wrote:

> I think it's a bad idea to create material that associates
> OpenStreetMap with political groups. I suspect there are also
> trademark issues with the mashup.

No, the trademark policy is pretty clear on that:

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy

in section 3.5.

If the Mafia (in Germany a criminal organization under §129 StGB -
something the Antifa does not qualify as) would create a remix of the
OSM logo with their logo (if they had one) to promote the use of OSM in
organized crime or promote the contribution of their members to OSM
that would be perfectly fine as far as the OSMF trademark policy is
concerned.

One possible constraint for having a logo on the OSM wiki or having
stickers with a certain logo handed out at SotM would be if that logo
contains symbols that are forbidden under British law or under the
local jurisdiction at the conference.  I don't think this applies here
regarding British law or any local law at any place where SotM has
taken place in the past.  For last year's SotM in Heidelberg that would
for example have been cases under §86 StGB:

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stgb/__86.html

which does not apply to the logo in question.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/