Could we move all the programming language du jour fanboying, apps that
have nothing to do OSM and other unrelated to the topic discussions
somewhere else please?

And yes it underlines my point that regardless of how exotic the feature
is, you are always going to find somebody that finds it critical to
success (this one of the reasons why JOSM has three variants of
everything), but it isn't a good measure of what the OSMF should spend
its money on, weere applying an 80/20 rule is likely to be far more
appropriate.

At this time nobody is proposing anything more than giving P2 a bit more
life for a small sum of money, if Richard has a plan for longer term
maintenance and development then that should be considered when
proposed. Definitely nobody is going to embark on the multi-million
undertaking that writing and bringing to production a new editor is,
just on the base that it would be cool to write one in <insert your
favourite programming language here>.

Simon