Thanks very much you two:  I've often meant to do something about alltrails'
seeming / actual lack of attribution to OSM (if it exists, I haven't found it
either) and something always seems to creep up and prevent me from taking
action.  These are most assuredly "our" (OSM's / mine, others in OSM) data.
Yea:  let's get this ball rolling and a proper OSM attribution!

SteveA
California

> On Aug 19, 2020, at 2:44 PM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:
> Hey Mike,
> They definitely mention OSM, even call us a partner [1] but like you found
> their basemap is definitely OSM. Instead of suggesting their users edit OSM,
> they instead instruct them to email d...@openstreetmap.org,
>
> All Trails is located in SF but I couldn't find any listing of a leadership
> team.
>
> Do you want to ask on Slack? Someone there might have a connection.
>

> [1]
> https://support.alltrails.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018930672-How-do-I-update-or-change-information-about-a-trail-
>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 1:03 PM Mike Thompson <miketh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried contacting the AllTrails[0] people about their use of OSM
> without attribution?  I am not talking about the "OSM Map Layer" that they
> offer, but rather the default "AllTrails Map Layer."  At the very least it
> appears that the trails on that layer come from OSM.  I know that because I
> have entered some rather obscure informal trails in OSMe, and they show up in
> AllTrails just as I entered them in OSM.
> Mike
>
> [0] https://www.alltrails.com/ (in the search box enter the name of a trail,
> park, or city to see their map.)
<remainder redacted>