To add to what Andy has already said, complaints about people using
private paths etc are relatively common, not a large number in absolute
terms, but there tend to be a couple each month which either land with
the DWG, or LWG, or naturally with the local community (I've handled a
couple of them with a different hat on locally, but they are rare).

AllTrails is just one of a handful of sources for such issues. I suspect
that it is simply that such ways that are not part of the public road
network tend to be less stable and sometimes not as well surveyed that
makes this more likely to happen. On top of that right of way and access
legislation tends to differ widely among countries, and what is
completely OK in one may find you at the wrong end of a shotgun in
another and that AllTrails et al are not very good in reflecting that.
Example:  highway=track in the UK, which should probably default to
access=private, but here and say in DE, in general would always have
public access except if signposted differently or gated.

Simon