On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 2:02 PM Mike Thompson <miketh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried contacting the AllTrails[0] people about their use of OSM
> without attribution?  I am not talking about the "OSM Map Layer" that they
> offer, but rather the default "AllTrails Map Layer."  At the very least it
> appears that the trails on that layer come from OSM.  I know that because I
> have entered some rather obscure informal trails in OSMe, and they show up
> in AllTrails just as I entered them in OSM.
> Mike
>
> [0] https://www.alltrails.com/ (in the search box enter the name of a
> trail, park, or city to see their map.)

It looks like AllTrails now correctly attributes OpenStreetMap.  Those of
you more familiar with the licensing might want to chime in and let me know
if simply stating "(c) OpenStreetMap" instead of "(c) OpenStreetMap
Contributors" is adequate (also, keep in mind that only some of their map
data comes from OSM).  If it is adequate, I will send Ron a note thanking
him, and starting the conversation between him and the DWG about AllTrails
directing data issues directly to the DWG.

Mike