Hi,

On 30.09.22 12:59, Marc_marc wrote:
do we really want the community to waste its time remaking
a wikidata-osm out of ego not to use wikidata.org when
it describes the same concept?

I think that there is a danger of confusion here because Wikidata has its own ideas about what a tree is and they might differ from our definition, and I foresee people arguing "I am using this tag here because the Wikidata Q-whatever thing says I can".

For example, on historic=monument, wikidata says in Q4989906: "imposing structure created to commemorate a person or event, or used for that purpose", whereas OSM says: "A memorial object, which is especially large (one can go inside, walk on or through it) or very tall (see the examples), built to remember, show respect to a person or group of people or to commemorate an event."

These definitions are not identical and will rarely be.

But having said that, I *did* think that the vote was about hiding the wikidata item from the infobox (and especially hiding the obnoxious "there's no wikidata link yet please create one") - which would have mean the removal of a couple lines of code on the infobox, instead of editing every single page with a bot. Looking back now, the vote said: "It will not lead to any data loss, but will make Wikidata link far less prominent."

"Make link far less prominent" is not the same as "delete link".

Therefore the bot activity has, in my opinion, no community backing and needs to be stopped and reverted.

You can't have people vote on one thing and then do something else.

Bye
Frederik