On 24/05/2023 13:31, Greg Troxel wrote:

I just got spam from mapilio, implying that I was a "Mapilio
contributor".  This was, to my memory, the first I had heard of them.

There have been a handful of mentions on the forum of various lists
in the last few months.

I too just got spammed by them - quite ironic given the GDPR Compliant
logo at the bottom of every page on their web site.

Looking briefly, it seems like a corporate thing with proprietary
tooling.  They talk about an app in proprietary app stores but do not
mention F-Droid :-) The point seems to be to monetize crowdsourced
contributions, in a gamified/rewards-ish sort of way.

The address on the web site actually appears to be a coffee shop
in Andover so I think we can discount that as a mere correspondence
address. The web site appears to have been created by a non-native
speaker of english which points overseas.

Looking at their "custom iD editor" repository there is actually
a single commit from today to add their imagery which was done by
a user with a visiosoft.com.tr address so possibly they are the
people really behind it?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)