From: john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com<mailto:jwhelan0...@gmail.com>>
Sent: Monday, 3 July 2023 10:26 AM
To: Robert C Potter (DTP)
<robert.pot...@roads.vic.gov.au<mailto:robert.pot...@roads.vic.gov.au>>
<talk@openstreetmap.org<mailto:talk@openstreetmap.org>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [OSM-talk] ODbl concerns

If you are releasing data under an open government license then .odbl etc
shouldn't come into it.

Have a look at the Canadian Federal government license 2.0

https://open.canada.ca/en/open-government-licence-canada<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://open.canada.ca/en/open-government-licence-canada__;!!C5rN6bSF!G2U6Zb2seMiuNJs_FPf8peH3kbw_V9vrfuT-k_JX_EqAy3V9uDNyeVpGKdcL1u_uGXsKeWmOqzoEBE27J2c6xfLouWXR-KVz$>

This took a number of years to thrash out and has been formally accepted by OSM
etc.

Cheerio John

On Sun, Jul 2, 2023, 20:13 Robert C Potter (DTP) via talk