Sep 12, 2023, 09:45 by talk@openstreetmap.org:

> Well, this one came to light only because it happened in a big city
> where a local mapper happened to notice it. Who knows if there are
> other bot wars going on in Siberia or elsewhere where there are very
> few local mappers.

To be less cryptic, it happened with bot edit I was running,
and thanks for spotting this.

I am always investigating some sample of bot edits so I would
notice it sooner or later. Especially once initial run would complete
and only new edits would appear
(but again thanks for spotting it and allowing it to fix relatively quickly!)

> And I don't mean that a bot never should be allowed to edit an object a
> second time, just that the bot owner should have to review it if that
> bot tries to change an object twice.

note that at least for contervandalism bots it still makes no sense,
in cases when vandal attacked again

or all edits from some user are rolled back

also, if new bot edit is distinct from old one

(but maybe I should add detector of such case into my code?
though that is first time it happened...)