On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 at 22:42, Mateusz Konieczny via talk
<talk@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I proposed some time ago to fix some surface values.

I support this in general, but the following may be worthy of further
consideration:

> surface = U → surface = unpaved

Are we sure this is what is meant?

> surface = unhewn_cobblestones → surface = unhewn_cobblestone

How is this different from surface = cobblestone ?

> surface = a → surface = asphalt

> surface = AS → surface = asphalt

> surface = ea → surface = earth

Are we sure these are what is meant?

> surface = unpavedNo → surface = unpaved

Are we sure that this does not mean "not unpaved", i.e. "paved"

> there are also many low-use values with one or two or three extra bogus
> characters, for example
> surface = artificial_turf22 → surface = artificial_turf
>
> would be also OK to migrate them without listing them
> for review here and just add them to replace list later?

OK by me.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing