Nov 2, 2023, 15:05 by a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk:

> On Wed, 1 Nov 2023 at 22:42, Mateusz Konieczny via talk
> <talk@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>

>> I proposed some time ago to fix some surface values.
>>

> I support this in general, but the following may be worthy of further
> consideration:
>
>> surface = U → surface = unpaved
>>

> Are we sure this is what is meant?

pretty sure, turns out that failed autocomplete is commons
feel free to research remaining cases, if there is any noticeable amount of
paved surfaces there I will drop it

>> surface = unhewn_cobblestones → surface = unhewn_cobblestone
>>

> How is this different from surface = cobblestone ?

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:surface%3Dcobblestone
and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:surface%3Dunhewn_cobblestone
>> surface = a → surface = asphalt
>>
>> surface = AS → surface = asphalt
>>
>> surface = ea → surface = earth
>>

> Are we sure these are what is meant?
>

>> surface = unpavedNo → surface = unpaved
>>

> Are we sure that this does not mean "not unpaved", i.e. "paved"

see surface=U comment, in this cases I checked decent sample of cases

>> there are also many low-use values with one or two or three extra bogus
>> characters, for example
>> surface = artificial_turf22 → surface = artificial_turf
>>
>> would be also OK to migrate them without listing them
>> for review here and just add them to replace list later?
>>

> OK by me.

:)