Nov 16, 2023, 20:01 by a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk:

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 at 12:35, Mateusz Konieczny via talk
> <talk@openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
>> invalid name tag that repeats object type, and it is obvious enough that can
>> be fixed remotely.
>>
>> "Viewpoint, entry 5 euro"
>>
>> "Viewpoint, no wheelchair access".
>>

> Such names should not be removed until the additional data has been
> transferred to a more suitable tag.

I agree.

Such names will NOT be removed in this bot edit.

Only name=viewpoint, name=Viewpoint and name=VIEWPOINT would be,
and only on objects tagged solely as viewpoints and not as other object types.

>> Note that this relies on assumption that object tagged like
>>
>> - tourism=viewpoint
>> - name=Viewpoint
>>
>> is always case of misusing name tag.
>>

> I dispute that that is always the case.

Can you give example of situation where viewpoint is named "Viewpoint"?
Or toilet named "Toilet"?

(note filtering described by me, not all names from viewpoints will be removed,
names on objects tagged as not only viewpoints will not be touched either)

>> - tourism=viewpoint
>> - fee=yes
>> - name=VIEWPOINT
>>
>> would be edited.
>>

> Again, not 100% reliable.
>

> Overall I think this would be best made into some sort of gamified
> challenge, like MapRoulette, where each case can be reviewed
> individually.

how MR would help here? How someone would review
object with

tourism=viewpoint
name=Viewpoint

tags?

In practice MR tasks are human-executed bit edits with no actual
review happening (they could be useful where correct solution
needs to be selected from some available, but here it would just wait
until someone would manually but still robotically remove
all name tags)