>> apakah ServerType standalone itu dikasih pager aja?
>oh jgn, sebaiknya service http dijalankan sbg standalone instead of
internet super server (inetd)...
Sangkain saya karena inetd hanya support di unix platforms, jadi ServerType
standalone hanya buat windows ternyata salah pengertian lagi :-),
terimakasih atas pencerahannya.

>> inet1 untuk up NIC (IP, Gateway, DHCP)
>> inet2 untuk up NFS, SAMBA, Firewall, IPV4, ssh, bind, routed, NIS,
>> inetd untuk up ftp, comsat (???), talk, kerberos, pop3, imap,uucp,tftp,
>> bootps(???),finger, sistat,netstat, netbios untuk samba (nmbd,smbd) dan
>> swat.
>apa semua service2 ini mau dijalanin.. ?
Tentu saja tidak, tapi saya ketik itu hanya untuk dokumentasi slackware
saya, dan kalau ada kesalahan tempat file (entah inet1 atau inet2 atau
inetd) untuk menjalankan service. siapa tau ada yang mau koreksi :-)
Saat ini target saya hanya httpd buat intranet, jadi yang lain mungkin bisa
dimatikan servicenya.
Kalau di RedHat kan enak matiin servicenya, kalau di console tinggal ketik
sysinitv check atau uncheck service, kalau di xwindows tinggal klak-klik
beres.
Nah di slackware ini pusing saya, filenya jalan servicenya dimana.
Misalnya aja (cuma misal ya...) Kalau ada yang memberitahu httpd tidak jalan
karena firewall aktif.
lalu dia minta firewallnya dimatikan aja.... lah saya jadi bingung, matiin
firewallnya dimana? file apa yang terkait dengan firewall ini? firewall itu
mahluk apa? bentuknya kaya gimana? hehehe....
Troubleshooting seperti ini melibatkan banyak perintah yang saya belum
kenal,susahnya jadi newbie :-)

>> >2. utk pastinya coba buka file rc.inet2, disitu ada spt ini :
>> >   # # start Apache
>> > dibawahnya ada perintah utk ngejalanin http, kalo benar berarti anda
>> > juga menjalankan service ini dari rc.inet2.
>jgn...yg saya tulis start dgn `s' bukan dgn `S'...
Wah mata saya sudah ngantuk jadi salah ketik, maaf salah terus nih.

>liat point no.2 diatas, utk pastinya...blablabla...
Kok saya cari tulisan itu di file rc.inet2 tidak ada? (CMIIW) ini saya
lampirkan.
#!/bin/sh
#
# rc.inet2 This shell script boots up the entire network system.
#  Note, that when this script is used to also fire
#  up any important remote NFS disks (like the /usr
#  distribution), care must be taken to actually
#  have all the needed binaries online _now_ ...
#               Uncomment or comment out sections depending on which
#               services your site requires.
# This must be running in order to mount NFS volumes.
# Start the RPC portmapper:
if [ -x /sbin/rpc.portmap ]; then
  echo "Starting RPC portmapper:  /sbin/rpc.portmap"
  /sbin/rpc.portmap
fi
# Done starting the RPC portmapper.

# At this point, we are ready to talk to The World...

# Mount remote (NFS) filesystems:
echo "Mounting remote (NFS) file systems:  /sbin/mount -a -t nfs"
/sbin/mount -a -t nfs        # This may be our /usr runtime!
# Show the mounted volumes:
/sbin/mount -v -t nfs
# Done mounting remote (NFS) filesystems.

# Mount remote (SMB) filesystems:
echo "Mounting remote (SMB) file systems:  /sbin/mount -a -t smbfs"
/sbin/mount -a -t smbfs
# Show the mounted volumes:
/sbin/mount -v -t smbfs
# Done mounting remote (SMB) filesystems.

# Start the system logger.
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.syslog ]; then
  . /etc/rc.d/rc.syslog start
fi

# If there is a firewall script, run it before enabling packet forwarding.
# See the HOWTOs on http://www.netfilter.org/ for documentation on
# setting up a firewall or NAT on Linux.
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall ]; then
  /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall start
fi

# If we see IPv4 packet forwarding support in the kernel, we will turn it
on.
# This was the default for 2.0.x kernels, but with newer kernels it must be
# activated through a file in /proc.  IPv4 packet forwarding support is
# required if you plan to use your Linux machine as a router or firewall.
# If you don't want your Linux machine to forward packets, change the 1
below
# to a 0.
IPV4_FORWARD=1
if [ -f /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ]; then
  if [ "$IPV4_FORWARD" = "1" ]; then
    echo "Activating IPv4 packet forwarding."
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
  else
    echo "Disabling IPv4 packet forwarding."
    echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
  fi
fi

# When using IPv4 packet forwarding, you will also get the rp_filter, which
# automatically rejects incoming packets if the routing table entry for
their
# source address doesn't match the network interface they're arriving on.
This
# has security advantages because it prevents the so-called IP spoofing,
# however it can pose problems if you use asymmetric routing (packets from
you
# to a host take a different path than packets from that host to you) or if
# you operate a non-routing host which has several IP addresses on different
# interfaces.  To turn rp_filter off, uncomment the lines below:
# if [ -r /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter ]; then
#   echo "Disabling rp_filter."
#   echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/rp_filter
# fi

# Start the inetd server:
if [ -x /usr/sbin/inetd ]; then
  echo "Starting Internet super-server daemon:  /usr/sbin/inetd"
  /usr/sbin/inetd
else
  echo "WARNING:  /usr/sbin/inetd not found."
fi
# Done starting the inetd meta-server.

# Start the OpenSSH SSH daemon:
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.sshd ]; then
  echo "Starting OpenSSH SSH daemon:  /usr/sbin/sshd"
  /etc/rc.d/rc.sshd start
fi
# Done starting the OpenSSH SSH daemon:

# # Start the BIND name server daemon:
#
# # Option number one:  Start the NAMED/BIND name server as root.
# # Note that BIND has a somewhat spotty history in terms of security,
# # but they recommend running it as root, and if you don't, not all
# # the features (especially when attached to a dynamic IP such as
# # through PPP) will neccessary work correctly).
# if [ -x /usr/sbin/named ]; then
#   echo "Starting BIND:  /usr/sbin/named"
#   /usr/sbin/named
# fi
# # Done starting the BIND server using option #1.
#
# # Start the BIND name server daemon:
# # Option number two:  Start the NAMED/BIND name server as user daemon.
# # This is another way to start BIND for the more paranoid.  By starting it
as
# # user daemon, if there does turn out to be a vulnerability, the attacker
can
# # at best gain user deamon access to your machine, which is a considerably
# # better situation than if they gain root access.  Note that for this
option
# # to work at all, you'll need to change the ownership of the directory
# # /var/named to daemon like this:  chown -R daemon /var/named
# # If you don't have this directory, you'll have to make it first.
# # It may also be necessary to do this:  chown -R daemon /var/run/named
# # Also, for the *really* paranoid, you can read this document for
# # instructions on running BIND in a "chroot jail":
# #   /usr/doc/Linux-HOWTOs/Chroot-BIND-HOWTO
# if [ -x /usr/sbin/named ]; then
#   echo "Starting BIND:  /usr/sbin/named -u daemon"
#   /usr/sbin/named -u daemon
# fi
# # Done starting the BIND server using option #2.

# # Start the network routing daemon:
# if [ -x /usr/sbin/routed ]; then
#   echo "Starting network routing daemon:  /usr/sbin/routed"
#   /usr/sbin/routed -g -s
# fi
# # Done starting the network routing daemon.

# # Start the system status server:
# if [ -x /usr/sbin/rwhod ]; then
#   echo "Starting system status server:  /usr/sbin/rwhod"
#   /usr/sbin/rwhod
# fi
# # Done starting the system status server.

# Start NIS (the Network Information Service):
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.yp ]; then
  . /etc/rc.d/rc.yp start
fi

# Start the NFS server.   Note that for this to work correctly, you'll
# need to load the knfsd module for kernel NFS server support.
# You'll also need to set up some shares in /etc/exports.
# Starting the NFS server:
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd ]; then
  /etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd start
fi
# Done starting the NFS server.

#  # Fire up the PC-NFS daemon(s).  This is a primarily obsolete system, and
may
#  # not be very secure.  It's not at all needed for normal NFS server
support.
#  # You probably should not run this.
#  if [ -x /usr/sbin/rpc.pcnfsd ]; then
#    echo "Starting PC-NFS daemons:  /usr/sbin/rpc.pcnfsd
/usr/sbin/rpc.bwnfsd"
#    /usr/sbin/rpc.pcnfsd /var/spool/lpd
#  fi
#  if [ -x /usr/sbin/rpc.bwnfsd ]; then
#    /usr/sbin/rpc.bwnfsd /var/spool/lpd
#  fi
#  # Done firing up the PC-NFS daemons.

>hehehe...saya mulai dari yg versi 4.x - 9.1 mesinnya msh ada semua & idup,
Apache yg dibawa oleh slackware by default service http-nya dihidupkan oleh
si Volkerding ini lewat rc.inet2...
>ini kutipan file rc.inet2 :
>``This shell script boots up the entire network system...''
Ternyata di baris paling atas..... kadang saya seperti parser, yang di
uncomment lupa nggak di baca,  :-)

>saya bukan om-om.... :-)
Itu ketikannya "Oom" bukan om-om... case sensitive lho! hehehe....  Tapi
juga bukan tante-tante khan? ups... :-), abis nggak ngerti mau manggil
apa....

Oh iya... sebenarnya httpdnya udah jalan dengan baik lagi, tapi saya bingung
kok dia bisa jalan lagi ya?
perasaan belum diapa-apain.... jangan-jangan saya kemarin ngetik sambil
tidur... lalu tanpa sadar problem saya selesai dengan sendirinya.
Tapi kalau ada problem seperti ini lagi khan jadi nggak tau cara mecahin
permasalahan ini.
Nanti saya coba bikin httpd tidak jalan lagi deh... (masalahnya saya tidak
tau gimana caranya supaya permasalah itu ada tapi bukan dikomputer saya
hehehe....).

>> misalnya kesimpulan ini benar cara pemecahannya tinggal matikan aja salah
>> satu service yang mencoba up apache ini. (please CMIIW)
>betul.... ;-)
Terimakasih banyak atas "ikannya" semoga saya bisa "mancing" sendiri nanti
tidak perlu sering-sering dibantu ^_^ , dan terimakasih juga karena mau
membantu menjawab persoalan ini dengan sabar.

Jabat Erat,

P-Man