Jernej,

> On Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 17:39:18, Douglas Hinds wrote:

>> But I am also a Linux user and strongly suggest that RIT Labs make
>> an effort to port The Bat! to this superior Operating System,

> As an advanced user of both Windows and Linux, I can only disagree
> with Linux being superior - while it has it place, and it does some
> things better than Windows, it's still far from being a good end-user
> experience on a desktop, both from UI and management points of view.

Agreed.  Linux is essentially a programmer's OS.  Or a platform that IT guys
can lock down so that
servers will run indefinitely (almost).  But from the average user's standpoint
(who have very little understanding
of what goes on in the bowels of an OS), Linux is a wild alien landscape.

>>  so I
>> can use it with with my OpenOffice, Opera, Chrome, Firefox,
>> Seamonkey, Dr. Web and Nero versions for Linux (and other Unix-like
>> Operating Systems).

> OpenOffice.org, Opera, Chrome, Firefox and the Mozilla Suite were
> designed from ground up to be portable. I don't know what Dr. Web is,
> and the last time I looked at Nero, it was using an outdated GUI
> library on Linux.

>> As I understand it, porting Delphi to Linux is also possible and
>> Windows will continue to lose ground as more computer users become
>> aware of the advantages that Open Code Community Based OS's have to offer.

You are a Linux evangelist.  And you probably wholeheartedly believe this.
Nevertheless, the
groundswell has been so long coming that I fear it got lost in the forest.

And my sister who is an accountant simply refuses to use anything that doesn't
come with a MS imprimatur.
Nothing else can be trusted.  So says she.

--

 Gleason