Title: Re: TB! for Linux
Hello Simon,

Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 11:03:25 AM, you wrote:

My personal recommendation would be for Ritlabs to stay away from Linux as the cost will far out way the benefits. It's hard to compete with free, especially when the free implementation is very good.

I would have the agree with the above comment.

I too use Linux as part of the my practice.  The build in e-mail client is more than enough for work in the Linux space.  I think resources, time and energy should be focused on making The Bat work extremely well in the Windows environment.

As a side note, I've notice some of my software vendors have made similiar decisions to not produce software in Mac or Linux.  While some may disagree with such a move, on the hand, limited dollars have to be balanced against best possible returns for customers and the firm.

Looking forward to the next Release Candidate.

Jerry

--
Ethan J Mings
President, The Desk Consulting Group Inc