Title: Re[3]: TB! for Linux
Hi All,

Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 8:41:56 AM, you wrote:

> 3/30/2011  8:40 AM

> Hi Maxim,

> On 3/30/2011 Maxim Masiutin wrote:

MM>> Hello Douglas,

MM>> Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 6:39:18 PM, you wrote:

>>> to this superior Operating System,
MM>> http://cgi.ebay.ie/Smart-Parking-Only-Sign-lesser-cars-clamped-/110639492706
MM>> Sorry, could not resist.

> APPLAUSE !!

As you can see from my signature I am a Linux freak as well. I'd just like to add a couple of comments:

1.- Linux is a good operating system, so is Windows, so is OSX, so is BSD, so was VMS, so was OS2, so is VM, so is OS400, and so are most of the others. Whichever OS you choose, you'll find that it will be better at some things and worst at others. Don't confuse personal preference with better or worst. I accept statements like "OS <???> is better than OS <???> when you want to <???>" (fill in the ??? with what you want).

2.- If you are using Linux then go with Evolution. Why do I choose The Bat! on Windows? Because of it's security (internal HTML engine) and it's filtering capabilities. I stopped using The Bat! because of it's lack of good IMAP support and came back with the 5.x beta because IMAP now works as well as other Windows clients. Evolution has all this as well. Filtering is not as versatile as The Bat! but it's good enough, and you get iCal support which you don't with The Bat!

My personal recommendation would be for Ritlabs to stay away from Linux as the cost will far out way the benefits. It's hard to compete with free, especially when the free implementation is very good.

--
   __ _ Debian GNU User Simon Martin
  / /(_)_ __ _ ___ __  __  Project Manager