Hello Alto,

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 09:45:01 +0200 GMT (10/Aug/11, 14:45 PM +0700 GMT),
Alto Speckhardt wrote:

>> After  about 30s the message count was updated to a correct number but
>> after another 3-4 minutes they all had 0 count again.

AS> Virtual Folders are only updated after the "parent" folder has been
AS> selected at least once.

Bug.

AS> This has been the case for every v5 version I've seen, and it
AS> certainly is the case with the current release v5.0.20.1.
AS> Actually, this is already a lot better than during the whole v4
AS> series.

No, I don't think so. I think the virtual folders in v4 were updated
on the fly, no need to go to the (myriad of) parent fodlers first. I
work a lot with virtual folders (in v4), and I am quite sure that they
are updated automatically when new messages arrive.

AS> Not quite enough to make virtual folders actually useful, but as
AS> close to it as it has ever been. :-)

They are (were?) very useful in v4, as they updated automagically.
Sorry to hear that this is broken in v5 at the moment, but I am sure
that Ritlabs will fix it.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.