Hello Alto,

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:49:49 +0200 GMT (11/Aug/11, 1:49 AM +0700 GMT),
Alto Speckhardt wrote:

TF>> They are (were?) very useful in v4, as they updated automagically.

AS> Not here, I'm afraid: In v4 a VF worked correctly exactly once, right
AS> after it had been created. If TB was shut down and started again, the
AS> VF became empty (0 messages.) It stayed empty, too, regardless of what
AS> was selected or refiltered.

I cannot confirm this. I have been using v4 ever since it was
introduced (even participated in the beta testing) and I have never
had an empty VF. In fact, I never heard anyone having the same problem
you mention.

AS> In v5, a VF is not automatically updated, but as soon as I select the
AS> parent folder, it is, and the messages that are filtered into it once
AS> stay there for the future.

I cannot comment on v5, but if the VFs don't update automatically
(without having to choose the parent folder), they might be not very
useful for some users.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.