A Bat-fellow, Paul Van Noord,
wrote on Thursday, 11th August 2011 at 18:26:29 (GMT -0400),
which was Friday 0:26 a.m. in Bratislava --

> Neither myself or my customers use the Ticker. It is just too easy
> to [Alt]+[Tab] when the wings are flapping.

Huh?  ;-)  I couldn't live without the MailTicker for a minute. Also,
I'm the mail server admin for a large school, and I receive hundreds
of messages every single day, which means The Bat! is flapping its
wings practically the whole day long on my PC, so that that indication
is useless for me.

In contrast, the MailTicker window accomplishes exactly what I need
in the course of the day: it filters and shows me only the most important
messages from the most important folders; and I can handle them all from
within MailTicker's window, without ever having to access The Bat's main
window! That's exactly what I love: a lean, reduced mail client for
the busy hours of a working day. Then, in the evening, I can open
The Bat's main window and handle all the other messages delivered
in the course of the day which I chose to ignore for the duration
of office hours, because they weren't important enough to interrupt
my work-flow.

Bottom line: Mail Ticker is indispensable for me, and because
it doesn't work in Version 5, I can't use Version 5 for now.

--
Yours,
Alex. of Slovakia

[flying with The Bat! 4.2.44.2
under Windows 7 64-bit 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon II X4 645 @ 3.10 GHz & 8 GB RAM]