Hello everybody,

on Dienstag, 7. August 2018 at 19:00  Marck Pearlstone <ma...@silverstones.com>
wrote
re The Bat! 8.5.8.3 (ALPHA)

LW>>   My Web and Mail provider has told me that the solution for Gmail is not
DKIM, but SPF.

LW>>   My correspondent in the USA who did not get my mails after
LW>> having moved to Google Mail, put my address in his White List, and I got
SPF for may domains.

LW>>   After that it worked like charm.

> We  don't  have  access  to  the  list server to be able to inject (or
> remove) headers as things stand.

   SPF or Sender Policy Framework in full, is, as far as I understand, not
something which the eMail client or mailing list processor has to included as
some header field in outgoing messages. I just had to click something in the
admin interface to my webspace and copy-n-past some text from somewhere else,
following the instructions I had been given by the support people at the web
space and email provider[1], and off it went.
   For more information see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

  This is the introduction to the en.Wikipedia article on SPF:

> Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation protocol
> designed to detect and block email spoofing by providing a mechanism to allow
> receiving mail exchangers
> to verify that incoming mail from a domain comes from an IP Address
> authorized by that domain's administrators.
> The list of authorized sending hosts and IP addresses for a domain
> is published in the Domain Name System (DNS) records for that domain
> in the form of a specially formatted TXT record.
> Email spam and phishing often use forged "from" addresses and domains,
> so publishing and checking SPF records can be considered
> one of the most reliable and simple to use anti-spam techniques.
>
> IETF publication RFC 7208 dated April 2014 defines Sender Policy Framework as
> "proposed standard".

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt am Main