On Saturday, July 3, 2021, 10:10:59, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> Any idea what the reason could be? I probably inadvertedly hit some crtl-key
> combo...

Workspace → Message auto-view maybe?

> Remark: avast! updated in the background and I thought that may have to do
> with it. However, I disabled avast!, restarted the computer, and still no
> preview pane. (I have enabled avast! again, don't worry.)

I suggest you get rid of Avast, it turned into spyware. The built-in Windows
Defender is more than sufficient for home users.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

After things have gone from bad to worse, the cycle will repeat itself.
       -- Farnsdick's corollary

TheBat! Version 9.4 (64-bit), Windows 10.0.19043

'Using TBBETA' information: