Hello Joerg,

On Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:57:56 +0200 GMT (04-Jul-21, 3:57 +0700 GMT),
Joerg Schiermeier wrote:

> On 2021-07-03 at 15:10 (UTC +0700) Thomas Fernandez wrote:
>> Remark: avast! updated in the background and I thought that may have
>> to do with it. However, I disabled avast!, restarted the computer,

> Almost all so called "Anti Virus" is snake oil [1][2].
> Only use "Brain 1.0"!

I see you don't have staff in your office who would click on any attachment,
especially when it ways "invoice" or "payment". I am in the logistics industry,
and we received targeted emails with malware payment; called "vessel delay
notice" or "shipping documents" which are subject and attachment names we
received legitimately regularly.

I have also encountered websites of government ministries were I had to look up
something and avast! sounded an alarm because the website had some malware it
wanted to download onto my computer. I don't click on suspicious links, but
legit URLs can be infected too.

So, please don't tell me that AV software has no use. Thanks.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.4 (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 19041

'Using TBBETA' information: