Hello Gunivortus,

On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 17:26:33 +0100 GMT (19/02/2022, 23:26 +0700 GMT),
Gunivortus Goos wrote:

> I Registered at the The Bat site and downloaded the v10.
> However, I hesitate to install it ...
>
> 1. The Bat is running in RL here and bigger parts of my functioning as an
> author is depending on reliable mail (contact with editors, exchanging of
> articles and book chapters to be processed by editor and proofreaders, and
> more).
> I am not convinced yet that V10 is reliable and  keep reading here for
> confirmations and problems solved.
I install betas only on my home computer, never on my work computer. That's
because beta versions are beta versions.

> 2. Without a functioning Antispamsniper, I get much too much spam to handle
> manually.
OK. I use seerver-side anti-spam so I don't have this problem.

> 3. Generally, I do not like it at all to have a forced open channel to a The
> Bat server that cannot be deactivated. It should be for 'future plans', that
> are not explained further.
And I totally agree with this. This is a no-no. Furthermore, I read that he
have to use the "correct" email address, so Ritlabs is now telling us which
email address to use. I bought two licences, one for work (only release
verions) and one for home (also for betas), but I use about 10 email addresses
at home.

> I consider that too risky. So I prefer to wait until I read here more
> trustful clarification.
Looking for the explanation what the 6x HTTP queries to the Ritlabs server is
all about, too. Only for beta testers, or for everyone who wants to run TB!?

--
Cheers,
Thomas.