Hello,

16 Dec 2001, 2:32:42 PM, Günther Eisele wrote:

GE> TB! extracts the attachment from a mail. Gives it to the plugin. AV
GE> removes the virus. Attachment is imported back to TB!. Mail is clean. The
GE> virus scanners I know either check the data 'stream' coming from a pop3
GE> server (but are not able to manipulate it), or they scan file 'on access'
GE> (in this case, the messages.tbb). I can't imagine that it's possible to
GE> let a virus scanner directly remove a virus from an attachment in the
GE> messages.tbb, because the file is normally locked through TB! and/or the
GE> removing would destroy the structure of the messages.tbb.

  I believe, TB! puts message into temporary file first and AV can catch it
there.  My  AVP did it, but I didn't try to clean this file, just deleted -
nothing was destroyed, I didn't get infected message and that's it.
  And  if  you  store attachments separately AV definitely can check it and
even clean it up with no problem.

 Boris                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.54 Beta/15 on Windows NT 4.0 Build 1381 Service Pack 6