On 15 January 2002 at 8:17 am Thomas wrote:

> I agree to every word of this paragraph, including the last two. If
> you ask  me, they should fix the known bugs (it's a very long list by
> now), release 1.54, then overhaul the interface, release it as next
> version or as 1.54a, and then start playing with new features.
> Half-implemented things klike the SmartPad should be taken out first,
> as it will cost time and effort to iron out those bugs for the new
> features, and 1.54 doesn't really need them. The new features are good
> (I love especially the msgid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] linking), but if
> they are buggy, they should be delayed until the next beta series.

> Fix the old bugs first, is my mantra. ;-)

Clearly there is disquiet among the beta testers :)

I've agreed to do the "takes ages and is very boring" run through this
weekend then produce a sort of über-bug report on all the
inconsistencies in the (existing) interface.

(There are a lot - as well as the problems noted with confirmation, or
lack of confirmation, there are many instances where controls,
particularly menu items, should be greyed out but are not).

Alastair

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan service. For
more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com