Thanks, Jonathan.

Finally, some progress!

--On Tuesday, December 09, 2003 2:06 PM -0600 Jonathan Angliss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

LSUB returns only your subscribed folders. In this case, INBOX isn't
in that list, I wonder if TB is having some kind of hang up over that?

Try doing this:

# telnet mailserver 143
A01 LOGIN "username" "password"
A02 SUBSCRIBE "INBOX"
A03 LOGOUT

Then login to TB, go to the folder management, and hit refresh.

Suddenly, INBOX is expandable! I now have all my subscribed folders in The Bat.

Now, a couple of questions:

1. Do you have to be subscribed to a folder in order to display it in The Bat?

2. I subscribed to these folders using Mulberry. If I hadn't done so, how would they have gotten subscribed? How would I subscribe to a folder in The Bat if only subscribed folders are displayed?

You
might want to cheat, and create a second account, as I've found the
"Refresh" link to be unreliable. I still have a folder in my listing
that I deleted and unsubscribed from about 3 weeks ago, and it still
won't update.

Didn't have to do this 8-).

All the above corresponds with the fact that Mulberry and Becky both
handle all my folders properly.

It might just be a way they're handling them. Some mail clients disregard the LSUB list (subscribed list), and give you options to display/hide folders independent of the IMAPs settings for that folder (subscribed/unsubscribed).

I don't think Becky even has the concept of "subscribed". It just displays all the folders on the server.

Mulberry shows INBOX, then a Subscribed folder with all subscribed folders indented underneath it. Next is INBOX again, with ALL folders indented underneath it.

--
Keith

Current beta is 2.02 CE RC2 | "Using TBBETA" information: