On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:10:57 +0200, Dierk Haasis wrote:

>>Gratitude? "Thank you for providing me with a torch after
>>leaving me on my own in the dark and cold depths of your scary
>>Bat! cave?"

>Why do you stay with TB if it doesn't meet your needs?

Now where did I give you the impression TB! doesn't meet my
needs?

>Why do you [potentially insulting word from Germanic-
>Scandinavian mythology deleted] around here?

Why should you care?

>As you state yourself in another message you didn't contribute
>to beta testing, you don't even know who has contributed (like
>Mary), you don't even intend to use v3 ...

You may or may not have read my contribution on TBBeta about my
(failed) attempt at installing the "No RC" 3.01 MSI package
(which needed three attempts at RitLabs to get it more or less
working). That really sucked. In my opinion RitLabs could have
easily avoided the problems by doing some basic testing them-
selves. But instead they hastily threw out yet another faulty
version which had at least 1 bug from previous beta's
reoccurring. I cannot conclude otherwise than that they made an
extremely sloppy job of this "No RC" package release.

And yes, this experience has 1) annoyed me, 2) strengthened my
intention to avoid version 3, at least for the time being, and
3) opened my eyes to the fact that The Beta! Testers get exactly
what they deserve.

>so, why are throwing around mud?

Your choice of words is typical for your loss of perspective.

>>I think your loss of perspective is heartwarming (and I really
>>mean it!).

>Thanks, but no thanks, I don't want to marry you.

Huh!?

Oh well, let me reassure you: I don't want to marry you too.

Arjan