On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:23:52 +0500, Richard H. Stoddard wrote:

> I'm confused by this latest beta. The public beta site lists 3.01 as
> the upcoming release, yet now there is a 3.02 beta. What will the next
> release be - 3.01 or 3.02? And when can we expect it?

Maxim, I agree with Rick. The numbering system is confusing. Clearly
we want to be in the 3.0.2 series - though I have no idea why you
don't consider going from 3.0 to 3.1 with the type of changes you are
talking about making. But we get mixed signals from various sources.
The public beta site says one thing, the Ritlabs Web site still talks
about release of Version 2, the file we download has a number that
reads "30201" but after installing we see "3021". And when was 3.0.2.0
released?

This type of confusion is one thing that a technical writer could help
you avoid. Technical writers are trained to spot such type of
inconsistencies, because they always think from the user perspective.
To a programmer this is inconsequential - and maybe in the grand
scheme of things the programmer is right - but to ordinary users it is
problematic. They worry that they might have downloaded and installed
the wrong file, and they waste time trying to confirm that the mistake
is not theirs but rather Ritlabs'.

By the way, from time to time TB tends to pop up for no apparent
reason. This just happened to me with 3.0.2.1. Perhaps this has been
reported in a "stealing focus" thread that I have not been following.
I will have a look at that thread now.

--
Avi Yashar
Windows XP Pro SP2 and TB Pro 3.0.2.1

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: