Dear Alexander,

@25-Oct-2004, 15:28 +0200 (25-Oct 14:28 UK time) Alexander S. Kunz
[ASK] in mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Marck:

>> %WRAPPED(%COOKIE)

>> I use both and both work.

ASK> I tried that only a couple of days ago, exactly the same way
ASK> Maxxx tries to use it, and I stumbled exactly across the problems
ASK> he has...

Indeed, but that's not because it is *intrinsically* wrong. It isn't.
What you have both ignored is a basic tenet of the use of parenthesis
to delimit macro parameters. It says quite clearly in the 'fine'
manual ;-) :

,------/ Help - Template Macros \------
Note: The Bat! version 2 introduces a new syntax for macros: it is now
possible to use brackets instead of ="..." (in some cases it is now
required, for example in macros with more than one parameter). Plus,
quotation marks are not required for one-word or one-macro parameters.
`------\ End /------

See that last sentence? The converse is that quotation marks *are
required* for more than single word macro parameters.

Therefore:

%MACRO("This will work")

and

%MACRO(This will never work)

This is what the issue really is.

--
Cheers --  //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v3.0.1.33 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.2.1 Beta/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: