Roelof Otten wrote:

RO> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:21:35 +0100GMT (17-2-2005, 23:21 +0100,
RO> where I live), you wrote:

CR>> What about adding an option in the options/preferences dialog to
CR>> give the possibility to the user to store its preferences in a
CR>> local .ini file in case of storing the bat! and e-mails on a usb
CR>> key ?

RO> And where would you like to store that value? In the registry, so that
RO> you need the registry after all? Or in the .ini file, so that all
RO> users on the same computer are bound to same settings?

I think it's a good idea.  Instead of an option TB! could check for
the presence of "the_bat.ini" on startup, or the ini file could be
specified as a command line parameter.  The command line would be more
flexible, though checking for the presence of a specifically named ini
file might be safer; if you clicked the exe instead of the right
shortcut on a foreign computer, you could easily contaminate the
registry.

Of course with either of these methods there'd need to be a way to
create the ini file in the first place.  Maybe TB! could read/write a
registry export file.  Then you could export TB!'s registry key on
your home computer and put it on the USB key.  Any preference changes
you made on the road could optionally be made to the home system by
simply importing the updated file.

--
George

Using The Bat! 3.0.2.8 on Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 2.