Hello NetVicious!

On Sunday, February 27, 2005, 2:55 AM, you wrote:

>> That would be fine with me.  Even just a checkbox in the prefs to
>> enable/disable the button's fuctionality and include/remove it from the
>> toolbar would be fine with me.  In fact, it's a very good idea to make
>> it inactive completely unless someone wants to make it active.

> What about a messagebox with a confirmation as TB does now when trying
> to open an attachment?

The quoted text to which you are replying was in reply to my comment
that I wished (felt I needed) to be able to have the functionality
completely disabled. If a warning box is all that I get, the situation
would be an unwieldy one for me.

And for those who have been most clear (at least two or three people
posting to this thread) that the current work-around to graphic image
display is too slow for them, the warning box would function as an
extra slow-down.

If, and when, this capability is implemented by the developers, I hope
it will be disabled by Default and the User will first have to enable
it before the capability (button or menu or shortcut or whatever)
becomes active.

This is so that I can protect myself from inadvertently putting a
graphics image into a message-text bodyin the View Folder window.

I am just one old-lady user. But I think perhaps there are others with
my needs using TB!, or out there as potential users, and it would be
so simple to respect this need of mine by having the capability OFF by
Default.

I have, in the past, actually been distracted and clicked Send, on the
warning box that comes before a message is Sent, without intending to.
At a computer screen, even the best of us make mistakes, I think. I'd
like for the individual user to be able to choose, in regard to this
particular functionality, the amount of risk for mistakes that the
user is comfortable with.

Note, however, that I do not object to others accepting more risk than
I do. :)

Mary
The Bat 3.0.2.10 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2

 Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: