> I do appreciate compromise and so far that's been in the form of the
> Windows editor.

But the windows editor is no compromis, it is only a cheep excuse (actually it
is more a technical demonstration of the windows api edit fields ;). It is not
close beeing able to perform the range of functions that could be expected
frome a "modern" editor.

> We have to have a limit here or else nothing would ever change.

The idea is, that the simple functions are working in every application (at
least the ones for general usage) the same way. But they should be carefully
choosen, so that it would be possible to extend that functionality in a certain
way when needed. So a well done GUI design is no stop to further enhancements,
but provides the (new) user with the knowledge,that he can perform certain
tasks without having deeper knowledge of the application in question.

--
With best regards
Lars Sölter

The Bat! Version 3.5.0.31
Windows 2000 / Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)