Hello Vili,

>>> Every  message  should have a color group assigned OR "None" should be
>>> assigned  to a message. If you would have reproduced what I wrote, you
>>> would have seen that not even the the "None" is assigned to a mail. IT
>>> IS A BUG...
>> I was confused by the test I did:
>> 1.- Create a 'test' colour group
>> 2.- Assign this group to a message (Msg A)
>> 3.- Assign a bright colour background to Generic group
>> 4.- Delete 'test' group
>> 5.- 'Mag A' now shows the colour background of Generic
>> This is what confused me. But you are right, if I right click on Msg and
>> select Colour Group no group is ticked, not even None, and this
>> prevents showing Msg A with a filter.
>
> I am glad, that now you see the problem. Sorry, I think it was my
> crappy explanation at the first time, that confused everybody. :))
>
> Should I file a bug report?

Contrary to Roleof and Paul I think it is a bug. However, depending on
how colour groups assignment is implemented it may not be an easy one to
fix. But, on the other hand, if like I proved with my test a messages
assigned to group A shows the colours of Generic after groups A is
deleted, it would seem that it should not be so difficult to show the
None (generic) group as ticked and so the it can be used with filters.

Now, whether a bug or not, I would suggest that, for the future, before
deleting a colour group you create a VF to show all messages in that
group and re-assign them to Generic.

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v3.64.03 Christmas Edition on Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2