sábado, 12 may 2007 at 18:25, it seems you wrote:

> typically(!), ANY 'usb-enclosed' hdd outperforms ANY usb flash stick.
> flash cards inserted in readers give a slightly different mileage, but
> that's a separate story.

There are USB flash sticks with an excelent speed. And they
outperforms some hdd usb cases. It depens on the circuits of the case.

I have one Kingston DataTraveler Elite 1Gb, it writes up to 14MBps and
reads up to 24MBps. I tested cheat hdd cases and normally I got peaks
of 5Mb writing, but the normal write speed was 3-4Mb/sec.

--
  /\    /                     Using The Bat! 3.99.6 Professional
 /  \  /     \  /             Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 2)