> Vili wrote:
>> I think, it was not the FAT/NTFS change. It was the fact that when you
>> reformatted the drive, you inherently defragmented the drive.
> obviously, you're too busy enjoying conventional hard drives in an usb
> enclosure, so, at the moment, you simply can't figure out that not all
> usb drives have any moving heads...

Doug Higby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on May 11:

"In  my  experience, every USB memory stick is different. The one I am
using  now reads and writes at 16MBits per second, and my previous one
was only 8. There is a free utility on the web to test your speed, but
it is on my office computer and I forget what it is called.

A  second  factor  that  really improved my speed was defragmenting my
Voyager  drive.  I  never  thought  to  do  this  and  **wow**  was it
fragmented!"

Also                             read                            this:
http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid68_gci1220272,00.html

Vitalie:

-  if you are pissed off of me because I did not accept the invitation
to  your  professional  network, I am sorry, I just dont have the time
for  any  extra  online  activity  beside  the  4  kids, my job and my
business.

- if you just kick into anybody because of your ego.. well, that is
your problem. Try to accept the fact that you are not God.

--
Vili