Hello Paul,

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 04:47:59 -0400 GMT (10/10/2007, 15:47 +0700 GMT),
Paul Van Noord wrote:

MM>> Any way, any mail server may store the messages, for example, for
MM>> legal inspection by authorities.

> Not on my domain, or many others I work with.

Check the laws. In many countries, the provider is required to store
the messages for a while, I believe it is 180 days in the EU right
now, and at least that long in the US. For some reason, this is
against terrorism. Never mind whether you "delete" or "remove" them -
it's like deleting messages in TB! without compressing, they are still
there but won't be shown.

Max is probably right here. Except that I don't know about "stored
endlessly".

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.