Hi Gary,

On  Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:23:37 -0500 UTC (10/12/2007, 8:23 PM -0500 UTC my
time), Gary wrote:

G> Hi Gleason,

G> On  Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:45:51 -0400 UTC (10/12/2007, 7:45 PM -0500 UTC my
G> time), Gleason Pace wrote:

G>> Interesting.  One of the things I positively didn't like about
G>> Mulberry was the necessity to delete messages twice.  If I delete it,
G>> I want it to be gone.  All gone.  POP users have survived a long time
G>> without needing to deleting messages twice, why does this become
G>> necessary for Imap users?

G> This is the IMAP protocol, deletion is a 2 step process, as stated in the
G> RFC... a message is marked for deletion, then it is expunged. There is a
G> feature in Mulberry where you delete a message or thread, and then when you
G> go to another folder, or close the existing folder, it auto expunges or
G> deletes the messages marked for deletion. It takes me 2 keystrokes to
G> permanently delete threads for example.

I forgot to add that since you complain about "deleting messages twice"
tells me you know nothing about IMAP protocol or standards, which is
something Mulberry follows better than any other client. It is a complex
protocol. So your complaints are that they follow the protocol exactly, and
that is bad.

Your above complaints are directed at Mulberry, where in reality it should
be directed at the IMAP protocol. You dislike the messenger (Mulberry) for
bringing you the bad news, not the sender, which in this case is the
protocol/IMAP RFC :)

--
Gary