Hello Stefan,

V>> But we all agree that if The Bat! cannot save the 1st mail, it should
V>> NOT download the other messages
> No.  A  single  message  cannot be stored because some program (like
> antivirus)  has  blocked it, for example. Do you want to sit without
> the rest of your mail while you're trying to find out what's wrong?

Compared to lose the following mails: yes.

V>> OR: be sure before download a mail that it will be able to store it:
V>> check size and check if it can store the temp file on the HDD.
> TB! checks for free space already.
V>> Furthermore, if "Delete from server" is set (some simple POP server,
V>> no GMAil), ONLY delete from server if it could store it.
> The delete command is sent only after a message was processed
> properly.
> So, nothing is wrong on our side, GMail works in a very special (and
> strange) way and this causes some misunderstanding.

I know how it works and we agree that it is strange.

I just did not know that you dont delete the mails until it is
imported into TB!

So, please confirm: TB deletes a mail from the server ONLY if
- it is instructed to do it
- the mail is imported already into TB.

If  this  is the case, I suggest showing a big red alert window to let
the  user  know  about  the  unsuccessful  import,  with some possible
reasons,  what  to  check.  Only a log window is not enough. User v1.0
wont check the log.

--
Vili
The Bat 4.0.24.13 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Szervizcsomag 2

 Current beta is 4.0.34.25 (ALPHA) | 'Using TBBETA' information: