On Saturday, November 22, 2008, 4:02:57 AM, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

> I tried
> Gmail and was utterly disappointed to the extent that I find them
> useless. I don't know what use you see in an email service for which
> clients have to be re-written.

Any of the things gmail offers which are the least bit interesting
involve things that happen if you use their interface. But besides
getting one's email there, two ways exist to avoid the problem with
their nonstandard features. One would be to use IMAP instead of POP.
The other is to have your gmail collected by another of your
providers. Actually I guess there are three, because I think you can
have gmail forward your mail, as well.

--
Dwight A. Corrin
316.303.9385  phone ahead to fax
dcorrin at fastmail.fm
photo galleries at http://dcorrin.smugmug.com
photo blog at http://dcorrin.aminus3.com
Using IMAP with The Bat! 4.0.37.26 (ALPHA) on Windows XP version 5,1 (Service
Pack 3)

 Current beta is 4.0.37.26 (ALPHA) | 'Using TBBETA' information: