Vili,

> The question in my profession is always this: what is the next big
> thing? And do that. What is the next big thing for an email client? If
> I am hearing right, a reliable, correct IMAP support with the
> filtering, etc. of The Bat! would be a big hit. Why? Nu such thing
> exists yet.

Right, it does not exist.  One reason is that it is devilishly hard to
do.  A number of clients have tried.  There was some indication in the
Mulberry  support list a while back that the people who are responsible
for  the  Imap specification were thinking of revising the standard to
make it simpler because so many client and server authors have had so
much trouble  getting  it right.  That idea is likely to not get past
the daydream stage, says Cyrus Daboo.

But I maintain that The Bat Imap is much much better than it was just a few
years  ago.   All that remains of the old quirkiness for me is the
occasional Ctrl-c to refresh folder contents.

I am a long time intensive Imap user, and I make significant technical
demands of my Imap client, but I don't think it is true that there is
a herd of languishing Imap users out there dying for a good imap
client.  A cluster maybe.  Far and away, most users use POP, and until
ISP email server change, that will be the way it is.  Imap remains the
domain   of  institutional  email,  and  that  is  still  the  smaller
percentage.

Actually, the new thing on the email horizon is Webmail, I fear.
Young people seem to universally prefer it.  Nothing to learn, nothing
to fix.  It  just works, and when it doesn't, somebody else must fix
it.  Sad to say.

--
 Gleason

Using The Bat 4.1.14.2 (RC2) on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600