> Hallo Charlie,

> Go to the explorer (The Windows one, not the internet thingie)
> View -> Folderoptions -> Filetypes -> Search for URL Hyptext
> transfer protocol Check the installed options.

that protocol on my system opens with opera.

> Bill Kraski said:

> I'm new to the list, so the earlier parts of the thread aren't here. But
> version  1.62  Christmas edition on Win98SE does very nicely at bringing
> up  my default browser for urls in messages. If you're trying to specify
> which  browser  The Bat! will use (other than system default), I haven't
> found an option to do that.

Thanks for the suggestion I don't think TB has an option to select
another browser other than the "open with" application. For some
reason on my system this fault will remain mysterious.

The expected behavior of TB with message URL's (being able to double
click on a URL to launch the default browser) only works once after
after an 'upgrade'. A second attempt to launch a different URL will
generate an error message and the 'stuck' hourglass cursor icon..The
only reason I still suspect something fishy in TB is because nothing
else on the system that can evoke the 'default' browser has this
problem.

Well fuck it...I'll just use the right click option and copy the URL
to the clipboard and do the paste thing. That's what I've been doing
anyway, it just would be nice to know why it doesn't work for me on
this system.

Thanks anyway.

C.K.

TB 1.63 Beta/4

on win98se

 Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBTECH" information: