> What  browser do you have as default? I have IE6, Crazy Browser
> (uses IE engine),  SlimBrowser  (also  uses IE engine), Opera
> 6.01, K-Meleon 0.7, and Mozilla 1.3b all installed.

I have Amaya (W3C standards browser and web page maker) K-meleon
(French browser using the Gecko engine) ,Mozilla (nightly builds)
OB1 (Off by One) Phoenix, (a Mozilla project) and Opera7 (the
default browser) no IE on this computer.

> Whichever one I set as default will come up  when  I  click  a url
> in a message.

I wish to hell TB would do that on my system..well like I say, I've
resigned to the copy and paste because the superiority of the
application is ahead of the field compared to the other email
clients I tinker with. Still as TB is a work in progress, one day
one of these new betas is going to work my way, and if it doesn't I
won't be disappointed because I didn't expect it anyway.

>  Clicking another url will open another window or tab, no
> error messages, no matter what I'm reading the message  in,  with
> the exception that webmail gets interesting with that - --
> depending  on  which  browser  I'm  reading  in,  I  may get
> another window/tab  in  that  browser  or it may call the default.
> And, although SlimBrowser  is  set as my default, Favorites still
> pull up whichever of IE6 & Crazy Browser was the previous default.

Sounds like serious registry overload ;-]

> Now,  if I may piggyback a problem I've got on your discussion, I
> have a similar  problem,  but  reversed.  <snip> I'm running
> Win98SE. Clicking  a mailto: link brings up  The Bat!. But all the
> newsreaders  I've tried want to use their internal email
> composition stuff

This sounds normal to me. I use a newsreader called Xnews and it has
an option to bring up an 'external' editor if you want to compose
your letter in that..you could have Xnews launch TB automatically
every time you composed a letter, and if you wanted to put the
address in TB well of course you could and send the email from that
but why?

If you are using TB to create a reply to a news group you would be
out of luck, because it would be I think impossible to send a news
group message from TB as it cannot log into the news server, an
essential requirement for posting a news message as you probably
know.

You could always compose your reply to the news group in TB 'editor'
as it were and paste it into the newsreader before sending. I think
that's the idea in Xnews. Some people can't write or edit anything
without their favorite editor.

There is or was a German email client called AK mail that used to
offer the option of composing your messages in Word..talk about
overkill, and you would of course need "ms word" on your system, a
scary thought.

There is a 'free' and tiny word processor and or editor called
"crypt edit" and it can 'export' your message to word as
well..packed with features, quite extraordinary really.

The road goes on for ever and the party never ends.

C.K.

 Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBTECH" information: