Hello Miguel,

On Sunday, March 9, 2003 at 11:31 GMT +0100, an infinite number of
monkeys posting as Miguel A. Urech [MAU] typed:

Sorry I somehow missed your reply.

>> 1. Change the reply template so you remove the % symbol from in front
>>    of the %COMMENT macros and the %QINCLUDE macros.
>>      - This will show us what exactly is being sent to print_recipient

MAU>  To: COMMENT="[EMAIL PROTECTED]; "QINCLUDE="print_recipient"
MAU>  To: COMMENT=""Miguel A. Urech" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "QINCLUDE="print_recipient"

Ok, so this makes me confident that the problem is not in your main
template.

>> 2. Reverse the change above and change the last line in the
>>    print_recipient template from %COMMENT="" to %COMMENT
>>      - This will let us see how far the print_recipient2 template got
>>        before failing.

This one is less clear.  I don't really understand why it should be
blank.  Can you please try the following two modifications (one at a
time would be good) to your print_recipient template:

,----- [ My print_recipient ]
`-----

,----- [ My print_recipient ]
`-----

>> 3. Reverse the change above and *add* a line to the beginning of the
>>    print_recipient2 template. Put the macro %COMMENT="" as the very
>>    first line of print_recipient2.
>>      - This will tell us if print_recipient2 is being called, and what
>>        text is being sent to be processed.

This is just mystifying, however, in light of Nick's problem &
solution, I don't know what to think.

>> 4. Reverse the change above and change print_recipient2 to the
>>    following.
>>      - This template is slightly modified to ignore some more
>>        white space.  The modification shouldn't hurt the performance
>>        of the template in normal cases.

Hmm, and you said that this is the same output as when you run the
version in <mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...  The plot
thickens.

Sorry I'm making you do all these changes, but I can't replicate the
problem over here to test my brainstorming ideas.

One thing we should consider: if this is only happening on two
specific messages, _but_NO_others_, we may be beating a dead horse here.
It would be nice to understand why the templates failed, but we should
think about how much time is being spent versus how widespread the
problem is.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Current version is 1.61 | "Using TBTECH" information: