Fri, 28 May 2004 21:27:04 +0600 (11:27 AM  here) Alexander Leschinsky wrote:

> Hello Dan,

>    On Fri, 28 May 2004 09:28:49 -0400 (28.05.2004 19:28 my local
>    time), received Friday, May 28, 2004 at 19:59:09 +0600, you wrote
>    about "Problem with MyMacros 1.10 %RegRead" at least in part:

DG>> I used RegEdit to find

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\ActiveTimeBias

DG>> I found:   Name               Type           Data
DG>> ==============     =========      ================
DG>> ActiveTimeBias     REG_DWORD      0x000000f0 (240)
> Thus - RegRead with _correct parameter_ will return this value

DG>> I get the same " *** Error ***" returned no matter which account
DG>> I am logged into.
> I can get it, if i'll edit key path on name to non-existent

DG>> Is " *** Error ***" a MyMacros message or is it a Windows 2000
DG>> message?
> MyMacros - it can read nothing from requested key and return error (I
> can reproduce it with deleting some chars in key name)

To be sure I'm spelling things right, I copied used RegEdit to copy
the key name. I tested %RegRead with the copied key name to which I
concatenated \ActiveTimeBase . Still the error.

I tried unplugging MyMacros 1.10 and plugging in MyMacros 1.07 again.
I still get the error. (I went back to 1.10.) I'm starting to think
there's something about the Administrator and User accounts that is
stopping %RegRead from working, but I'm an old hardware engineer, and
I have don not know how to prove it, disprove it, or fix it.

DG>> Am I missing something?
> Yes, check writing of key in QT (or use AnotherMacros, which perform
> dirty work for you and return current TZ, for me it will be +0600 today)

Unfortunately the page is in Russian and I can't figure out how to
download AnotherMacros. I'd really appreciate it if someone could send
it to me.

Using: The Bat! v2.10.03, BayesIt! 0.5.4, MyMacros 1.10
       Windows 2000 v5.0 - Build 2195 - Service Pack 4

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/