Hello Frank,

> Read permissions should be enough.

On my system (and I'll bet on Dan Grunberg's, too), the key
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation has Read
permissions by default for Users. Dan needs to check this with
REGEDT32.EXE. If that's the case, he'll need to confer additional
permissions to get the macro to work.

> If you can set the time zone, you can break all time controlled
> tasks

One can, but it's *highly unlikely* that it would occur. This is an
opening on a _single_ key, not the whole registry. It's unlikely that
malware would target this particular key just to reset the time zone.
And if it did, the tasks would run, but not at the intended time.

IMHO, the risk is *extremely* low.

regards, Andy

[Using The Bat! 1.62r under Windows 2000 Pro SP4
 on a "made from scratch" P4-2.4 GHz/512 MB RAM]