Hello Frank,

> If read permissions are not sufficient to read the key, the macro is
> broken.

Undoubtedly. But between fixing the macro, which is beyond Dan's
control, and changing permissions on a single registry key, I
certainly know (and I've said) what I'd do.

> There is an evil user in every multi user environment. ;-)

Maybe not in his environment. IAC, I maintain it's highly unlikely
that a someone with User privileges would seek to exploit an opening
on this key.

> A continuous time stamp is even more important, than the correct
> time stamp.

If the time stamp's not correct, it'll show up in the system tray.
IMHO, this is not an appropriate attack vector for independent
exploitation.

regards, Andy

P.S.: This is my last post on this subject. Dan'll need to judge the
risk.

[Using The Bat! 1.62r under Windows 2000 Pro SP4
 on a "made from scratch" P4-2.4 GHz/512 MB RAM]