Hi Peter,

on Tuesday, December 21, 1999, 3:01:07 AM GMT+0800, Peter Steiner wrote:

>> Yes, it's in chinese characters on my display. So, please don't
>> translate into Thai, as this would probably also result in Chinese
>> characters <g>

PS> Yes, in the preview pane it's displayed in my preferred codepage
PS> too; but when i hit reply, the new message takes the codepage of the
PS> message it's replying to. And when my TB! displays KOI8-R, it
PS> switches to Courier New which shows the Cyrillic characters (as many
PS> other Unicode characters). Do your and tracer's TB! behave
PS> differently? Perhaps it's a difference between Win9x and WinNT (I
PS> see that Thomas uses Win98, I use NT4 SP4) or the bundled fonts.

My Windows behaves differently; that's not because it's a Win98, but
because it's C-Win, and Chinese uses a different system. Actually,
this is true for CJK: Chinese-Japanese-Korean, which have more than
256 letters/characters and thus are encoded as double-bytes. On my
display, characters with ASCII codes higher than xx will always be
understood as the first byte of a Chinese character. That's another
reason why I want to change to Thai-Win. ;-)

PS> Actually, Thomas' message claimed to be written in KOI8-R which is why mine
PS> is too...

TB will automatically use the encoding in which the original mail was
written, which is a good feature. However, C-Win overrides this. I
have discussed this with the developers already.

Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.