Tuesday, December 21, 1999, 10:20:10 PM, Frank wrote:
>         YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

> Why don't they appear that way in the received/created columns?

    Because TB! doesn't use the Windows settings.

> For today's messages, why don't they have today's date?

    Because it is a given that if a message doesn't have a date stamp it was
received today.

> How do I edit the "new message template"? ... there isn't any information in
> the Help file. Try searching for "edit".

    There are several different levels.  I believe Thomas explained it nicely.

> How do I turn of the feature that marks my messages as "read" if I leave the
> cursor on the message list for more than one second? (I actually didn't read
> the message, I was just scrolling for incoming messages.)

    Either turn off the preview pain(-in-the-ass) or Account Properties /
Options / Time of reading to mark message as read

> The "received" time is wrong, it should be the time my POP server receives
> the E-mail, not the time of the download from POP.

    Uh, no.  You haven't received it yet, have you.  It is when your machine
receives the message.  Until then it isn't received, but pending.

> How do I look at all the headers? There is no way to do this, according to
> the Help.

    CNTL-SHIFT-K

> How do I turn off the animation of the bat in the task bar?

    Options / Icon Animation

> When I move the cursor in down a line:

>         line 1: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sssPss    xxxxxxx
>         @                          !
>         line 3: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sssQss    xxxxxxx
>                                    ^

> The cursor is at P and I hit down-arrow to line 2 (which has no characters,
> just a newline) and the cursor should be at "@", but is actually at "!". In
> other words, the cursor motion doesn't work like all other text fields in
> Windows products.

    That is a good thing since you can do     things      this
                                          fun        like      easily.

> Attachments of duplicate names get created as "abcdef.ext" ==>
> "abcdef.ext.1". This causes Win9x *not* to recognize the file type and I
> have to manually rename my attachments.

    Tell the people sending them to think up new names for their end.

> I can't turn off sending my initials in replies, i.e., "FF> " should be "> "
> ... I've set "none" in the Reply dialog, but this doesn't work.

    Works fine here.

> When I copy an past text from another document, say a paragraph from
> MS-Word, I want to have the text automatically wrapped *for display* (not
> actually wrapped with embedded newlines) ... how do I set this? Autowrapping
> doesn't work ... and I don't want to manually wrap the lines because I want
> to E-mail receiver to have the same paragraph breaks.

    No, you want to wrap for 73-78 characters.  That is the common practice of
the internet and email for well over a decade now.  Having only paragraph
breaks causes no end of problems.  It renders your message unreadable to
people on text terminals (I initially read this message on a WYSE VT100
terminal, 80x25 display), quoting is all screwed up (I've had to reflow each
paragraph of yours so far to make it compliant), there are length limits in
the various RFCs which can prevent your message from being delivered if they
are ignored, etc, etc, etc...

    Short answer, DO NOT USE LONG LINES!!!

> Why doesn't CTRL-R reply for messages, like Eudora? How do I customize this?

    Because Eudora isn't the end all, be all of clients.  Personally, why
isn't it *r* like mutt, pine, elm, etc. :P

> Wrapping is according to the "right margin value", but where is this set? It
> is not in the help?

    Options / Editor preferences.

> Overall, there is only one feature of "the bat" that is significantly better
> than Eudora light: automatic recognition of embedded UUENCODED files.

    *chuckle*  You forgot to mention real separation of multiple accounts,
IMAP support, no lousy MDI interface, actual compliance with standards instead
of a flippant disregard for them, templates, quick templates, etc.

> Otherwise, there are too many problems (unless you all have fixes to the
> above list ... all discovered in an hour's worth of use ... what other bugs
> are waiting?).

    To be honest, all of the items you listed are easily found with some quick
exploring of the program or aren't "problems" at all but a misunderstanding on
your part on how things are done.  I dunno about you, but about the only thing
I didn't discover on your list in 5 *minutes* of playing around was how to
turn off the Re(x): display.  I'd suggest doing the right thing and looking
through all the configuration dialogs one at a time.  It really is the best
way to learn what a program can do and where all the configuration is.