On Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:10:51 +0800, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

[....reasons for not using folder view snipped...]
>  so basically: a matter of taste.

Yes, it is. I used to find the folder view awkward but now that I've
gotten used to it and I can't go back to the preview window. That
sense of relief that I should feel if I thought it was the better way
for me is just not there and I end up going back to folder view. :)

AM>> Messages aren't registered as read when I don't want them to be.

> As I need to read all messages, and all of them right away (except
> TBUDL <g>), they will be read when I focus on them in the message
> list. However, I would appreciate a "seen" flag as discussed earlier,
> for those that will have to be ansered but not right away. Currently I
> always click on "reply", but the resume reading other messages. Later
> I look what reply editor windows are open.

Personally, I've created a 'reply' folder and place in it, messages
that I intend to reply to but not immediately. I then set up reply
filters using the incoming filters by copying them over and changing
the source folder. When I reply to the message, it's filtered back to
it's appropriate folder.

If version 2 supports message color coding or provides other labeling
methods then I can do away with this reply folder thing.

--
Ali Martin                     |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ "Keyboard? How quaint!" - Scotty ]
____