Hello tracer,
On Sunday, January 02, 2000 you wrote:

Syafril>> This  month  my  server  will  change the connection, from 10BaseT HUB
Syafril>> connection to 100BaseT Switch, also I 'll upgrade the HDD and RAM (now
Syafril>> using  IDE  4  GB  and  128 MB RAM) to SCSI and 256 MB RAM, I hope the
Syafril>> performance will increase.
> I would recommend first adding the ram and then seeing what happens.
> You need 2 drives anyway and if you want more speed, you could be
> better off buying some UDMA 66 drives and a new board then buying the
> scsi drives of high speed.

UDMA66?  Actually  it  gives  almost no performance gain with nowadays
drives.  It  should  be  faster with HDDs with 10000 RPM, but it's not
with  5400  or  7200. SCSI is for sure a better solution, even if it's
more  expensive. Remember that in servers, the speed and stability are
essential,  not  price. Anyway, the best IDE drives I can think of are
IBM's.

> Donot forget you need at least 2 drives anyway....

What  difference  does  it make? He can run SCSI and IDE drives at the
same time...

Christopher J. Trybowski
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --- uin:4350719 ---
---- http://www.trybik.i.krakow.pl --- pgp-keys: 0xB92EEE69 0x9382700B ----
===( get-pgp-keys: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=send_key )===

Using The Bat! 1.38e [reg] under Windows 98 4.10 build 1998.